Ketoconazole shampoo is primarily used to treat fungal infections on the scalp. It has anti-fungal properties that are effective in treating various common problems related to your scalps like hair loss and dandruff. It is also used as a remedy for psoriasis and Tinea capitis, which is ringworm like a superficial infection. Ketoconazole shampoo price in India is quite reasonable and is being sold by many trusted brands. It is commonly prescribed by doctors to treat various scalp related problems and can be bought over the counter too.
How does Ketoconazole shampoo work?
Skin infections are caused by a fungus called Malassezia. Although Malassezia is present in some amount on the skin, it starts causing problems like dandruff if present in excess quantity. Ketoconazole kills this fungus, thereby providing relief from itchy scalp conditions and flaky dandruff. Shampoos containing 2% ketoconazole are found to be effective in treating various scalp related problems.
What are the benefits of using Ketoconazole shampoo?
Psoriasis – It is an inflammatory skin disease that is caused by a yeast-like fungus. It is characterized by red, flaky and itchy skin. Ketoconazole shampoo has proved to be an effective remedy for people suffering from psoriasis.
Hair Loss – While hair loss is common to some extent with age, but if it happens at a young age it lowers your self-esteem and confidence. Treating hair loss at the onset may resolve your problem. Studies have shown that ketoconazole not only reduces hair fall, it also helps in hair growth.
Tinea Versicolor – Ketoconazole shampoo shows good results in the treatment of TineaVersicolor infection and results are visible in around three to five days.
Types of Ketoconazole shampoo
Ketoconazole shampoo is available in two variants:
- 1% Ketoconazole shampoo – The shampoos available over the counter contain 1% solution of ketoconazole and can be used in mild conditions like dandruff etc.
- 2% Ketoconazole shampoo – Shampoos that contain 2% ketoconazole are available only with the prescription of a medical practitioner. They are used to treat infections of the scalp and should be carefully used under the expert guidance of your doctor and prolonged use should be avoided unless so advised.
What precautions should be taken while using ketoconazole shampoo?
- Remember that ketoconazole is a medicinal shampoo and should be kept away from the reach of children. It should be used as per the directions indicated on the bottle. It may cause some side effects like dryness or oily hair and irritation. In such cases, it is advisable to consult your doctor before continuing with its use.
- It is not advisable for use among children below 12 years of age.
- Prolonged use of the shampoo should be done only when prescribed by your doctor.
Ketoconazole shampoo reviews in India show that millions of people have resolved their scalp and hair problems effectively by using it and now recommend it for use to others. Ketoconazole shampoo is available in the Indian market under various brand names. Choose a trusted brand and say bye-bye to hair problems.