ITIL certifications help professionals to demonstrate profound knowledge of the best practices followed in IT Service Management. Collaborating IT with business can significantly help in saving time, cutting down wastage and avoiding costly rework associated with IT.
These days, ITIL certifications are counted among the top-paying certifications in the IT industry and help you easily land a job, get a promotion or accelerate your career to the next level.
Considering the benefits that ITIL can bring to an organization, completing an ITIL certification can be a great choice. The ITIL certification is available in certain levels, starting from the foundational level to Master level.
Introduced in the year 2019, ITIL 4 is a highly transitioned form of the ITIL v3 certification and follows a more advanced and agile approach.
Advantages of ITIL Certification
Earning an ITIL 4 certification is worth your time due to the following reasons:
- It allows you to gain an in depth knowledge of product
- You will be able to accelerate your career and experience high professional development
- You will be eligible for a good salary hike
- It allows you to enhance your credibility as well as your productivity
- It helps you to transform into a top, solution-oriented professional
At the organizational level, an ITIL 4 certification helps in:
- Quick and agile service delivery for supporting digital transformation
- Enhanced strategic alignment in between business and IT
- Seamless collaboration between customer support framework and evolving software development practices.
- Enhanced delivery of services and customer satisfaction
- Overall cost reduction through efficient use of resources
- Improved visibility of IT related costs and assets.
- Attaining stable as well as flexible environment for software development
Types of ITIL 4 Certifications
Primarily, there are four types of ITIL 4 certifications, which are ITIL 4 Foundation, ITIL 4 Managing professional, ITIL 4 Strategic Leader and ITIL 4 Master.
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certification: This certification gives introduction on the ITIL Framework and knowledge of ITSM for improved development, delivery and quality of tech-enabled products and services.
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional Certification: This certification offers the technical know-how of running successful IT-based services, workflows and teams. Under this category, four different types of certifications are available:
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver & Support: It majorly covers the key service management activities and helps in expanding the present scope of ITIL of covering service development.
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value: This certification primarily covers different kinds of engagement and communication between service providers and customers.
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT: This certification helps explore ways through which various digital organizations and digital operating models work in high velocity environments.
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan & Improve (DPI): With the help of this certification, individuals can gain practical skills important for creating an IT organization that is always ready for constant development through effective strategies.
- ITIL 4 Strategic Leader Certification: Through this certification, individuals learn how IT impacts business strategies. This category covers two certifications, which are:
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan & Improve: This certification is the same as the ITIL Managing professional one.
- ITIL 4 Leader Digital & IT Strategy: With this certification, you will be able to understand the alignment of IT strategy with digital business strategy and also know how technological disruptions influence organizations.
- ITIL 4 Master Certification: With the help of this certification, you will be able to demonstrate your skills of applying ITIL-based methods, principles and techniques in the workplace.
Job Prospects and Salary with ITIL 4 certification
With ITIL 4 certification, one can look for the following job prospects and earn the salary as mentioned:
|Job Designation||Salary Range||Average Salary (INR)|
|IT Team Leader||5,09,000-20,00,000||11,21,702|
|Service Delivery Manager||7,04,000-30,00,000||15,96,676|
|IT Project Manager||7,12,000-20,00,000||15,07,757|
|Senior Project Manager (IT)||10,00,000-30,00,000||20,84,038|
We hope, with the help of this article, you were able to understand what ITIL 4 is all about and the benefits of pursuing this certification. So, don’t wait if you are seeking a flourishing career in the IT industry.